Thursday, February 20, 2014

The YouTube Bard: Heir of Carthage.

Warning: this poem has been given a rating of "PG-13" by the poet. Read at your own risk. Future poems will be less gruesome, but this particular poem is appropriate for the particular fan base.

Tere hommikust. Over the months, I've been writing poetry for various YouTubers. I think I might make it into a series on this blog, since the poems are quite popular. Thus, here is my first poem in the series, for the YouTuber Heir of Carthage (a.k.a. "Patchy"):

 
Here he comes, the man of the hour, whom no one can ignore,
He rides atop an elephant with armies by the score,
The Heir whom Carthage dreamed about, and sung of in their lore,
So sharpen axes, sharpen swords, for Patchy goes to war!

If you're a man of Patchy's, then you can't know what's in store.
You may perhaps be rofl-stomped, or worse, be stabbed and gored.
But if you fight the Patchy-man, well, heck, you are done for!
Ask, "What the crap is going on"? Well, Patchy goes to war!
 
You can find Patchy's channel at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZlnshKh_exh1WBP9P-yPdQ. In the meantime, let me know what other poems you would like to see. I prefer to not write for mainstream YouTubers like Tobuscus because those may or may not see the light of day on those channels. I have a couple more poems that I'll reveal later. Gl hf 'til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment