Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fishlabs' Galaxy on Fire II: A New Blog Series?

Salvete. I understand that this blog is centered around games that have never seen the light of day, but there are a few games, such as Rome II: Total War and the Galaxy on Fire franchise that I admire greatly. Perhaps I can blog about them on occasion. For now, I'll narrate my history about Galaxy on Fire.

My first encounter of Galaxy on Fire was several years ago, when the iTouch software was (relatively) just coming out. Unfortunately, the Galaxy on Fire II app was quite expensive at the time, but I managed to master the demo, getting acquainted with the two systems that I was allowed to traverse. What I liked about Galaxy on Fire II was the fact that it was open-world; the player could do practically anything in terms of contracts and whatnot. I was sad when I played the first Galaxy on Fire game to find the gameplay utterly linear, similar to that of a high-tech arcade game.

Going back to Galaxy on Fire II, I found that I could make do quite well with the single systems, since the contracts and items refresh. I found that raiding Nivelian fleets were the quickest and easiest way to fame and fortune, so I developed a "personal" rivalry with the Nivelians, which continues to this day. My allegiance similarly became Terran, since I took Terran quests almost without exception. When Fishlabs released Galaxy on Fire II for free, those personality traits continued as I explored the vast galaxy.

I am a member of Galaxy on Fire: Alliances. Just like I enjoy the open-world games of the original series, I grew fond of base-building games separately from the franchise. When the two worlds collided, I was pleasantly surprised, and I began forging a great empire in the "Shroud Nebula."

I you all would like to hear more, I am open to feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment